The Customer Service Specialist will be responsible for communication between key stakeholders within the Supply Chain team including working directly with OES Materials Planning and Manufacturing Operations to proactively manage backlog at a Product level with a goal of improving the availability of products to meet customer required dates and reduce expedite requests. The Customer Service Specialist will have broad ranging responsibilities including managing product backlog globally. This involves reviewing and prioritizing orders, responding to expedites or Delivery Improvement Requests (DIR’s) placed by Customers, Distributors, and internal stakeholders. The individual will report directly to a Supervisor of Customer Care and is expected to act as a Subject Matter expert in this role.
- Determine and set appropriate priority for open order lines at a product level globally by utilizing planning information, input from BU, sales, and operations.
- Review and process expedite requests or DIR activities, international expedites, and escalations at a product level globally.
- Respond to escalation issues in a timely and professional manner; engage plant leadership or supervisor when appropriate.
- Partner with the BU, sales, materials planning and manufacturing operations to provide proactive support for product shortages to reduce the need for customers to enter expedite requests or Delivery Improvement Requests.
- Proactively identify product delays or impactful demand changes and take actions to improve availability. Partner with Demand Planning, Materials Planning and Manufacturing Operations to ensure appropriate forecast and lead times are utilized.
- Assist in the analysis and correction of all issues related to their area of responsibility.
- Solve customer issues using a positive, proactive customer centric mindset. Recognize and identify customer needs and respond with urgency. Work with others to determine alternative solutions as required that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Coach and train internal and external stakeholders to the GPO processes to enhance the customer experience.
- Assist in projects as assigned by management staff. Lead and provide periodic updates on assigned projects or other initiatives, as defined by Supervisor/Managers.
- Responsibility for content of Standard Operating Procedures; provide changes to Quality Assurance/Global Competency organization for updating of documents.
- Provide recommendations relevant to the improvement of policies and procedures.
- A minimum of 2 years of customer service and / or material planning experience in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management is preferred
- Possess well-rounded knowledge in supply chain, materials planning, and logistics.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and independent problem resolution.
- Proven track record in resolving customer issues through a customer centric mindset.
- Exceptional problem solving and project management skills.
- Expertise in SAP and other Rockwell Automation’s business systems is required.
- Familiarity with MS Office suite is required.
- Working knowledge of web-based tools is preferred.
- Excellent customer relations / service and telephone skills are essential.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
Our Client offer:
- Life insurance
- Private health care
- Allowance on MyBenefit platform
- Annual bonus
- Christmas and holiday bonuses
- Language courses
- Training funds
- Professional development
- Home office
- International work environment