For our client, who is not just another software house, we are looking for Senior Back-end Engineer (Ruby). They passionately support international startups and big players in their effort to build great products and grow as businesses. They partnered with a global company to disrupt the way modern newsroom and mass-media work. Their efforts touch the whole technology stack, from user-facing mobile and front-end apps, advanced microservices-oriented back-ends to state of the art data science solutions.
- You will take ownership of the back-end platform and will:
- Design distributed systems using CQRS and Event Sourcing.
- Take ownership of a set of micro-services and frameworks.
- Implement new APIs, libraries and tools
- Develop complex metadata and content distribution platforms.
- Design and implement real-time analytics system handling millions of events per second.
- Work in cross-disciplinary team to deliver products that help content producers deliver stunning experiences.
- Learn new skills and technologies as you go.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of designing and building microservices-oriented back-end systems in Ruby.
- In-depth understanding of Ruby programming language.
- Fluent in English (writing and speaking).
- In love with TDD and DDD.
- Excited about developing simple, yet powerful APIs.
- Passionate about building great software.
- Comfortable with occasional business trips to New York.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn CQRS- and Event Sourcing-driven approach will be a big plus.
- Nice to have: experience with defining DSLs.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Flexible working hours, including remote work.
- English lessons.
- Private medical care.
- Hardware and software of your choice.
- Ping-pong, pool table, gaming consoles, board games, 3D printer and drones.
- Fully-stocked kitchen (fresh fruits and breakfast included).
- Team retreats, hackathons, workshops and conferences/meetups sponsorship.