For one of our clients, an investment company, we are looking for…
VBA Developer/ Front Office Developer
....to join Structured Credit Team.
Company and position overview:
- British company, which is a global alternative asset manager in private debt, credit and equity;
- Team is responsible for helping to design and implement analytics tools and reports to allow our portfolio managers to identify investment opportunities in
- Possibility of remote work;
- Contract of Employment (UoP);
- Benefits package: private medical care, Multisport card, cafeteria plan, life insurance etc.
- Develop and maintain end user systems for order management, risk Management and data analytics, to support the Structured Credit / Alternative Credit investment professionals.
- Working directly with the investment professionals, taking daily direction from them in terms of priority and focus to solve real-world problems with a direct impact on investment track-record, but also reporting back to the IT Development team to share the designs, influence the broader technical roadmap, and ensure that the project deliveries achieve the right balance between short term/immediate delivery and longer-term sustainability and supportability.
- Tooling is based upon Excel and Microsoft SQL Server and performs order bookkeeping and risk management for structured credit / alternative credit assets. The roadmap includes maintenance of existing tooling covering pricing and risk management, as well as the development of brand-new functionality / tooling to enable the further growth of the department. Although the technology is anticipated to remain within the Excel/MS SQL
eco-system, there is a desire to eventually migrate to cloud-native technologies.
- Excel and VBA (v2010 onwards) including use of COM components;
- SQL Server or equivalent RDBMS;
- Experience with financial instruments, e.g., Institutional Loans, Bonds, FX, IRS, Forwards with exposure to – and understanding of – structured credit products including CLO’s, CDS, ABS, MBS;
- Working as a desk developer.
Nice to have:
- Moody’s CDONet;
- External data feeds like Bloomberg, Markit etc.;
- Test Driven Development;
- C# & .Net Framework;
- AWS or Azure development experience – building solutions using cloud-native services;
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Processes, including TeamCity and Octopus Deploy.