The purpose of this role is to build a high performing multi-discipline team (usually of size 8-10) of developers, QA resources and testers in The SAFe Agile Scrum Development process. The Scrum master will provide the coaching, mentoring and day to day governship of the Scrum process to their team to ensure that all agreed Agile development best practices are followed and the team reach their full potential and are able to self-manage.The Scrum master owns the Sprint planning process, building a team of self-organised resources , and defining/facilitating key processes, such as the product backlog refinement, daily standups, sprint reviews and sprint retrospectives, to meet the overall Agile delivery process. Ultimately, the Scrum Master must remove any impediments that are stopping the team complete the developments they have contracted to the Business will be delivered in the Sprint. The Scrum Master role is global from a delivery perspective and their team will pull resources from all over the world.
- Ownership, and accountability, of establishing agile values, methods, principles and practices for delivery of products within their team. (15%)
- Building and coaching/mentoring of a self organised team in agile standards and best practices (20%)
- Lead the Sprint ceremonies such as daily standup, Sprint retrospective, Sprint planning, user story refinement (20%)
- Collaborate closely with Product Owner on the backlog management to ensure effective Sprint planning process (15%)
- Collaborate with other Scrum Masters in Scrum of Scrums meeting to manage dependencies (10%)
- Ensure the delivery of the user stories agreed to be delivered within the Sprint (10%)
- Remove impediments with key stakeholders (10%)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 3 to 5 Years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree with Computer Science, Information Systems or Business field of study required.
- Other Education / Certifications: Certified Scrum Master
- Able to execute instructions and to request clarification when needed.
- Possesses basic clerical and data entry skills.
- Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
- Able to communicate clearly and convey necessary information.
- Able to converse and write effectively in English
- Able to create and conduct formal presentations.
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Able to negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively, and close transactions with mutually beneficial results.
- Possesses strong multi-cultural interpersonal skills.
- Possesses strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create new ideas, and be assertive.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
- Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
- Able to maintain and promote social, ethical, and organizational standards in conducting internal and external business activities.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
- Able to exhibit ability to be sensitive to the needs, concerns, and feelings of others.
- Able to quickly learn new systems and technology.
- Able to use relevant computer system applications at an advanced level.
- Consistent non-standard work or overtime as business requires.
- On-call availability required as necessary.
- Professional, office environment.
- Some travel required.