For our client in Kraków we are looking for:
About the job:
Network Engineer administer and manage voice and data network across Europe; supports infrastructure projects in that area; track and manage trouble tickets and ensure that network services are provided within agreed Service Levels.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Administer and manage voice and data network across Europe
- Provide out of hours support (normally 1 week in 4)
- Provide network support for IT Infrastructure projects,
- Develop voice and data network designs based on the project requirements
- Assist the network team with deployment of the voice and data network strategy
- Liaison and technical discussion with relevant IT suppliers and 3rd parties
- Ensure that all network Service Levels are met or exceeded.
- Maintain network hardware inventories and provide monthly capacity reports.
- Schedule vendors for system upgrades or maintenance.
- Provide input and support for monthly system uptime reporting.
- Coordinate security patch activity for European network systems.
- Complete audits and housekeeping associated with all network platforms
- Track and manage all trouble tickets placed with Network Vendors
- Formal training or equivalent experience in Networking systems programming and support
- Good written and verbal communication skills and is able to work effectively with peers and colleagues from within Technology
- Adopts a Service Excellence ethos when engaging with Clients.
- Understands Quality policy and able to follow operating procedures
- Understands Change management procedures and takes on approval role
- Define, document and carry on service improvements and projects.
- ITIL – Foundation certificate, understands and follows ITIL framework
- A broad knowledge of IT infrastructure and systems
- A good understanding of IP and LAN/WAN technologies
- Thorough understanding of network switching and routing
- Knowledge of Cisco and Avaya products
- Experience in the design and configuration of Firewalls (Cisco ASA)
- Experience in the use and configuration of network management tools, including Solarwinds, TACACS and CiscoWorks.
- Experience in Cisco Nexus & MDS SAN switching Experience with F5 BigIP product set
- Experience with Bluecoat Proxy Services