A leading global video game distribution marketplace with millions of users, wants to expand their young and dynamic team with a Chief Architect / Chief Technical Officer.
You flourish with building solutions that enable high-volume growth as well as the ability to scale and stay at the cutting-edge. This requires envisioning the company’s service offerings as the world’s fastest growing global digital marketplace, leading implementation of applications and planning for risk and growth.
You are an innovator who creates solutions that can guide our IT architecture to new heights. To be successful in this role, you will need a combination of shown Architectural experience with an eCommerce and/or Financial system domain background.
Our client offers an innovative development environment that delivers an extraordinary shopping experience to fans. If you’re passionate about solving complex IT challenges related to functionality/scale and looking for a platform to showcase your talent, we want to hear from you!
Strategy & Planning:
- See opportunities and risks, including identification, of competing services, opportunities for innovation.
- Identify technology trends and evolving social behaviour.
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms.
- Identify and prioritise development initiatives and set timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all web-based services.
- Establish a governance process that meets government, partner, and company expectations for customer information privacy.
- Develop and execute the enterprise-wide information security plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data and servers.
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
Implementation & Deployment
- Select and set up a software revision control system and repository.
- Initiate web-based internal communications systems.
- Collaborate with a User Experience Designer and potential customers to prepare wire-frames or mock-ups of a prototype web application.
- Select or define the company’s software development methodology.
- Promulgate coding conventions and documentation standards.
- Review current standard methodologies for the selected web framework and establish the initial architecture for the application.
- Lead the software development process, setting short-term objectives and assessing progress.
- Review and approve proposed development releases and run the release process.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development
- Define and communicate standards for acquiring or developing systems, equipment, or software.
- Ensure that technology standards and standard methodologies are maintained across the organisation.
- Develop, track, and control the development and deployment annual operating and capital budgets.
- Establish standards of performance and monitor conformance for staff and vendors.
- Ensure the company’s internal technological processes and customer-facing services are in line with community expectations and applicable laws and regulations for privacy, security, and social responsibility.
Formal Education & Certification
University degree in the field of computer science or another rigorous discipline. An advanced degree in one of these fields is a plus.
Knowledge & Experience
Demonstrated ability to envision services that meet consumer needs or solve business problems.
- Experience with managing web application development
- Hands-on experience coding in more than one currently popular web application framework.
- Has contributed to open source projects.
- Experience with UNIX system administration and web server configuration.
- Knowledge of Internet protocols and RFC standards, database management systems, and revision control systems.
- Familiarity with technical requirements of Internet marketing and search engine optimisation
- Familiarity with information security, payment compliance and consumer privacy
What to do next :
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Agnieszka Pokrywka at APLIKUJ